Learning the letters of the alphabet can be difficult but when you make the letters engaging and connect them with books, it makes learning so much more fun!
📌THIS IMAGE FOR LATER
Best Alphabet Books
Here are the 10 Best Alphabet Books that I love to read in my room! The videos are attached so you can check them out.
1. Alphabet Under Construction by Denise Flemming-A hardworking rodent is building the alphabet. The industrious mouse creates a letter using an activity beginning with that letter. The exhausted mouse’s month of hard work is rewarded: the last page shows the completed alphabet.
Mouse dyes the D-a shimmery tie-dye effect so phonemic awareness happens naturally. The mouse’s actions are related to construction or artwork.
Fleming has poured colored cotton fiber through hand-cut stencils to make her illustrations, which are bold in outline and shape.
3. The Three Bears ABC Alphabet Book by Grace Macaroon Illustrated by Hollie Hibbert –Grace Maccarone cleverly alliterates the tale of Goldilocks and the Three Bears through the alphabet in this cute story.
4. Eating the Alphabet: Fruits and Vegetables from A-Z by Louis Ehlert–This cute book introduces fruits and vegetables from around the world with water color collage illustrations.
6. D is for Dump Truck by Michael Shoulders– D is for Dump Truck takes children on an A to Z exploration of a fun backyard construction site with bouncy poems for each letter. There is a glossary in the back.
7. Alphabet City by Stephen T Johnson– This sophisticated 1996 Caldecott Honor book, takes the reader through an urban landscape wordlessly.
8. I Stink by Kate and Jim Mcmullan– The garbage truck has ten wide tires, one really big appetite, and an even bigger smell. His job…eating your garbage from A-Z he calls “Alphabet Soup” and loves every stinky second of it!
9. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault illustrated by Louis Ehlert – The lowercase letters are climbing the coconut tree, but it can’t hold them all. Chicka chicka boom boom! Uppercase letters rush to comfort their injured children.
Make sure to go check out my store, Debora Marines TeachMagically for time saving activities to make teaching easy and learning magical.