Beginning Readers Can Read Before They Can Read Words
Beginning readers really working hard on learning to read words. There are many things that beginning readers can do before learning to read the actual words in the books. Taking time to really read will help develop concepts about print, an important skill needed for reading and writing.
How do you read before words are know?
There are many ways, but here are a few:
1. Look at the pictures and tell yourself a story.
2. Look to see if you can find any letters in your name.
3. Count the letters you find on each page.
4. Search for capital letters. Where do you see them?
5. Search for lower case letters. Where do you see them?
6. Search for words you know.