Getting ready for Back to School can be crazy and fun! This useful back to school toolkit for teachers can help you plan and prepare so you are ready for a great year. I added a few links to other blog posts and ideas to help.
Are you getting ready to head back to school?
To para phrase Theo, “Be prepared!”
Make a Checklist for Back to School
- Gather and organize classroom materials and supplies.
- Set up your classroom.
- Make sure students know to bring a water bottle.
- Create bins for supplies.
- Prepare student name tags.
- Make a list of activities for the first week but don’t expect to get them all done.
- Have guidelines for classroom procedures and think about Building Listening Skills.
- Have a classroom calendar and visual schedule.
- Make spots for forming lines.
- Decide Birthday Procedures and prepare for the first celebration.
- Pull books for read alouds.
- Plan Getting to Know You Ideas
- Decide on Morning Arrival Time